New York history info home page
New York History Home Page > History Images > New York Image Gallery > Vintage New York Exhibit > Little Church
nothing
nothing New York history books New York posters, clip art New York gifts New York history New York links New York collectors guide New York movies, music
nothing

The Little Church Around the Corner

Little Church Around the Corner

The Little Church Around the Corner, 1932

Leon Dolice

Formed in 1848, the Church of the Transfiguration became informally known as the Little Church Around the Corner, and was one of the first Anglo-Catholic parishes of the Episcopal Church in New York. The church was a station for the underground railroad and a refuge for blacks during the Civil War. It underwent complete interior remodeling and had a new organ installed in 1988, and it is the headquarters of the Episcopal Actors' Guild. The church also has the oldest boys' choir in the city, formed in 1881.

PreviousHomeNext

This Little Church image is part of the "Vintage New York" exhibit, created by the New Rochelle Council on The Arts (NRCA); Thea Eichler, Program Chairman; with the assistance a grant from the Michael and Helen Schaffer Foundation. © All images in this exhibit are the property of their respective copyright holders, and may not be reproduced without permission.

nothing
nothing New York history books New York posters, clip art New York gifts New York history New York links New York collectors guide New York movies, music New York history home page
nothing
© 2001-2003 Interesting.com
New York history books and other stuff from Amazon
New York posters and prints from AllPosters